3.09.2011

Oceanfront Dining - Claire's at the Museum

I'm just about ready to post my vacation recap but am waiting on a couple of pictures from friends.....hopefully this will keep you entertained in the meantime!

A few weeks ago the in-laws came over for a visit. There were no specific plans for the day other than having lunch somewhere fun and making a stop at one of our fav places to shop - Nordstrom Rack. We didn't really have any ideas for lunch but once Saturday rolled around and it was gorgeous, I knew just where to go!

Whenever friends and family visit from out of town my first choice for dining is Claire's at the Museum. This cute little cafe is part of the Long Beach Museum of Art and sits on a bluff overlooking the Long Beach harbor. I love nothing more than sitting at the cafe enjoying good company and spectacular views.

My seared ahi salad and the hubs California turkey sandwich
View to the West - Port of Los Angeles and Rancho Palos Verdes
View to the South - Catalina
View to the East - sailboat race
We had a wonderful time at the cafe. I'm pretty sure we were there for a couple of hours enjoying the sights and the warm sunshine. There was a wedding taking place at the museum that day so that was fun to watch as well.

A couple of tips for dining at Claire's: reservations are recommended and plan to arrive early as there is isn't much parking available. Also, don't let a cool day stop you from heading to the cafe - they provide blankets to keep you nice and cozy.

Who wants to go to brunch?

8 comments:

  1. ohhh me me me me me pick me!

    Gorgeous views! Luvin' the photo of you & Mikey you both look great! And the in laws too! The food looks ah-mazing. Can't wait to go soon!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, hopefully she'll pick us both! This time you'll be able to get in on the champagne action!

    Glad it was such a gorgeous day to enjoy the little slice of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do...I do.....what a magnificent view...and beautiful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I def think we need a girls brunch to this fabulous place :) Amazing views, good food, and alcoholic beverages (I saw your wine) sounds amazing if ya ask me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had perfect weather! Look how TALL the palm trees are! What great photos! ♥ I'd love to join you THERE for brunch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's do a bruch soon ladies! I'll email you some possible dates so we can get this going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That place looks so nice! & the food looks yummy! Fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your blog Laura!! It's so much fun to read! love you! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blog lovin' peeps!