3.22.2011

A Little Bit of This....A Little Bit of That

Hello blogosphere! Lots going on around here lately and I wanted to give everyone a quick update and share some things that are making me happy lately.

My husband seriously rocks my world - handsome, funny, smart and a child of God – I am so blessed. Last weekend we went to a Roaring 20’s party and he was hamming it up all over the place. The photographers couldn’t get enough of him and rightfully so in my opinion.

Taking a day off during the week to go snowboarding. Last Wednesday we took a little impromptu trip to Big Bear for some fun in the snow. I’m so thankful that I have ample PTO at work and can take a mental health day with no qualms.

Making new friends. The hubs and I have always been social butterflies and we really enjoy meeting new people. Weekend before last we met up with a couple that we met in Mammoth. Tamir and Francesca are world travelers and we had some much fun hanging with them at their loft in downtown LA’s art district.

Getting out of our bubble. After hanging with Tamir and Francesca we headed over to West Hollywood to celebrate a friend’s birthday. We hadn’t seen this group of friends for some time and it was really refreshing to change up the scene. The late night dance party was the highlight of my night.

Spending time with family. We celebrated my brother Rory’s birthday last weekend and had so much fun hanging out with him and his fiancĂ©e. After church on Sunday we got to chill with our niece Mikayla for a few hours. We put her in the bumbo seat for the first time and it was a blast watching her take in the new experience.


Funny Friends. Our stylist/friend Renee is so stinkin’ funny! We recently paid her a visit and Mike was inquiring whether or not she offers barber services. She was adamantly opposed and later posted these pictures on FB.

Ladies Lunch. I have a very close relationship with two women whom I work with. I first met them about five years ago when we worked for a different company and they have been mentoring and supporting me ever since. I’d like to think that they see me as a younger version of themselves. We don’t all work in the same department but enjoy getting out of the office and treating ourselves to a fancy lunch. Sadly our last lunch was a farewell as Trang is moving on to greener pastures but I will be seeing her again, I’m sure.


The Real Estate game. Mike’s cards are finally finished! I love passing out these bad boys. If you or anyone you know is looking to buy or sell in the SoCal area let me know and I'll hook you up with the best agent around! ;)


New hairstyles. Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm not really into styling my hair. I found an online tutorial for this hairdo a couple weeks ago and have worn it twice since. These little mini buns are super easy (even for a hairstyling challenged person like me) and great for day old hair.
Yodlee hee hoo!

One more thing before I go. I've been stressing about our tax situation this year because we don't have school to write off. I thought we'd have to pay a ton because we don't own a home or have a kid. I'm so relived though now that the numbers have been crunched. We're actually getting a teeny tiny refund. Praise the Lord!!

5 comments:

  1. You two are great Laura!! So much going on in your lives. So much culture, and mixed in with fun and all of that good stuff!!! Love Mike's cards!! He will do very well, I am sure! Love your mini buns. So cute. I could see that with wisps of hair left out, and it looking very elegant for an evening look too. Your niece is adorable! Love seeing what you have been up to, as I don't get to see you enough!!! Hugs!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this post Laura :) Mental health days are a must ;) Your hair style is super cute.. I miss my long hair!! Your neice is ADORBS!! I love that you guys are so full of life.. Never a dull moment.. You 2 are an awesome couple and you ooze happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love it i love it I love it all! Your neicey poo is tooooo stinkin cute to boot! I love it!

    CUTE hair style I could never pull that off & your hair always looks nice like a Loreal commercial all long & healthy!! I have hair envy, hehe

    Miss ya friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! You guys look like you are enjoying life to the fullest, that's awesome! I love the hair-do ... I should try something different too! I'm doing the same ol' thing I've done since high school ... straight hair split down the middle! LoL Hope you have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for all the sweet comments. You guys are the best!! I don't know about a Loreal commerical but I'll take the compliment. haha.

    Tawni, it's taken me awhile but I'm finally trying new things with my hair and I love it!!

    Happy Friday everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blog lovin' peeps!