2.21.2011

Weekend Love

Last weekend was just what the doctor ordered - lots of relaxing and family time. Friday night we had plans to check out At Last Cafe (featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives) but had to skip out on our reservations due to the weather. It was pouring buckets! The cafe is located in a residential area which is notorious for it's lack of parking. We circled the restaurant for over 15 minutes and then decided it just wasn't worth hiking 6+ blocks in the downpour. We then headed to our fav local sushi spot. While we were enjoying our dinner we looked up to see a patio umbrella being blown down the strip mall parking lot like a tumble weed! Us Californian's are total wimps when it comes to weather!!


Saturday morning we were up nice and early and dropped off one of our cars at the body shop. I may or may not have caused an accident that caused said car to visit the shop. :(


Later in the afternoon we headed to Anaheim because husband, brother in law and cousin are in the market for gun permits. Kerilynn, my sister in law, and I were not feeling spending the afternoon in a gun shop so we opted for a ladies lunch instead. I love spending time with Kerilynn and my almost 4 month old niece Mikayla. We visited Mimi's for a late lunch and then hung out at Target for a bit. That evening we had everyone come back to our house for dinner/movie/margaritas and a good time was had by all. Night at the Roxbury is still great!!


Sunday morning we went to church and heard one of our pastors give a prophecy update on Egypt. Interesting stuff people. I'm not here to preach but I will say if you haven't yet given your life to God and invited Jesus into your heart, now is the time! If you are interested in learning more about Christianity, please don't hesitate to contact me. After church we did a little Mammoth vacation planning and hung out with the baby.

How cute is my mother in law? :)

Kerilynn + Mikayla

In the afternoon we visited with our friends Aaron and Lisa which was awesome as usual. When we were at their place we were all joking about how it feels weird if we don't see them at least once a week! Later that evening we enjoyed a show at the Irvine Improv.
Great comedy + good friends = can't ask for anything better!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh she is all smiles! She is sooo cute!! Sounds like a luvly weekend!!

    Sunday's message sounds like a good one, I agree all very scary and real what is happening in Egypt. Just like the bible says it is going to happen seems like it IS happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're niece is a cutie :) Simply precious! Sounds like a funfilled weekend.. I've been to an improv before and it's fun.. And, sushi?? It's my fave!!! Glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece is darling!! Is that Mike's brother's little girl? And yes, your Millie (mother in law) is darling. I liked her the moment I met her!!!!
    Too bad you didn't get to visit the diner. I LOVE that show. I have one of the books...so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a great weekend with you and little chubs! (: Those pictures you took of her are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blog lovin' peeps!