2.17.2011

Sights and Sounds of Downtown

Just before I exit the train every week day I set my ipod to shuffle, and then set off in the direction of my office. Every morning as I walk to work I get the pleasure of enjoying some really beautiful artwork and sculptures.

As I make my way to the office and prepare myself for the day I listen to upbeat, fast tempo music. Some of my morning favorites include the Black Eyed Peas, Hall & Oats, Daft Punk, the Doobie Brothers, Moby, NeedtoBreathe, and the Gorillaz.
Random, I know!

Standard Downtown - Caption reads "A Climate for Health and Wealth"

Do you listen to music before work?

Once I get to the office I usually listen to "Morning Meets Eclectic" on KCRW public radio.

This reminds me of a racetrack
Waterfall view as I take a ride on an escalator
That's the central library in the background - reads
"Books Are Liberal And Free They Give To All Who Ask
They Emancipate All Who Serve Them Faithfully"

This lady has a smokin' hot bod which can be inspiring
or depressing depending on my mood
Little crabs to keep her safe
Later in the day I like to listen to KOST or the Fish.

Music helps me get in the zone and focus on what needs to be done.

Zoomed in aerial view
Not zoomed in (view from my cubicle). This sculpture is huuge!
If I've had a stressful day and need to unwind on the way home I usually listen to Michael Buble or 94.7 the WAVE.

3 comments:

  1. I heart Michael Buble...I watch the news from 7am-8am then country music all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music can certainly set the tone! Beautiful downtown sites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! You capture the most beautiful art. I love listening to music as well, my music varies daily, it ranges from KIIS, or my own mix from my Ipod, or KOST per your suggestion the other day. On my way home I love to unwind with 107.9, I love listening to Raul Ries :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blog lovin' peeps!