2.23.2011

2011 Travel Plans...So Far

This week I am in Silicon Valley for some work training. Strategic Account Management Training to be exact, in case you were wondering. I don't travel as much as I used to with this job so I really appreciate the time I'm able to spend visiting with colleagues that I don't get to see very often. I'm super excited to get home from this trip though, so we can head out to Mammoth Lakes for some good times in the snow.



Speaking of travelling, the hubs and I are notorious for our local weekend getaways (Vegas, Big Bear, San Diego, Palm Springs, etc). This year we are planning a couple of larger trips but will definitely be squeezing in the weekend trips as well! Here is what we have planned for 2011...so far.



March via
First up is our some what annual Mammoth trip. I've gone two or three times but haven't always been able to attend due to work commitments. This year I'm going though, and lets just say I'm pumped!! I cannot wait to shred this mountain again!



May via
In early May we are meeting up with my bestie and her husband from Michigan. They've never been to Vegas and I'm really looking forward to showing them around town. I really want to give them a proper introduction to Vegas, so we are staying at the Venetian. This is mostly because it smells fabulous and because my fav Vegas restaurant is there - Grand Lux Cafe!


June via
Ladies weekend away in Palm Desert! We are staying at the always fabulous JW Marriott. Very much looking forward to spending some quality time with my ladies! On my wish list for this trip - a trip to the spa for a massage and hitting up the outlet mall on the way home for some shopping!



My mom is hosting our family reunion again this year in Southeastern Ohio in mid June. I was able to attend in June of 2009 and I really enjoyed meeting my extended family. I'm hoping that we will be able to attend this year as well! All of my closer relatives live in the area as well so it would be great to see them again as well.



July via
Some good friends of ours are getting married in late July in Kalispell, Montana at the above resort. Isn't it beautiful? Neither of us have visited Montana and we've heard lots of great things about the region. Fingers crossed that this trip becomes a reality. We've talked about road tripping it up to Montana and enjoying some time in Glacier National Park and well as Yellowstone. Ideally this would be about a week long trip.



November via
The hubs and his man BFF are hoping to run the NYC marathon this fall. Registration is done on a lottery basis and they aren't sure if they'll be able to enter the race but I would also like to see this trip become a reality. The last time I was there I was just a young pup and I think it would be so much fun to attend as a cheerleader for my boys and to enjoy the city as an adult.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this post got me giddy as if these trips were my very own, lol.

    Never been to Vegas?! Should be a crime haha j.k they are in for a real treat & you're right it smells fabulous inside Venentian! Way to do it right!! Grand Lux will not dissapoint.

    When is NYC's marathon? If it's in September we'll be there for 9/11....let me know!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! The marathon is in early November so we'll just be missing each other. Whaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are full of vacations this year! I must say I am a little jealous! But just a heads up we will be going to Vegas in a year and 3 months for the big 21! Mikayla will be getting a baby sitter that weekend. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all!! I hope all these trips become a reality!

    I'm especially excited for the Palm Desert trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blog lovin' peeps!