2.08.2011

Weekend Love + Hollywood Hike

Soooo, the weekend is officially over, but I don't want it to be!! After a long week at work I always struggle with going out on Friday nights. This past Friday was no exception. I rushed home from work though and we headed to Anaheim to celebrate my brother in law Matt's birthday. We went out to eat with his friends and a couple of our cousins at Oggi's Pizza. Hubs and I tried a couple of their "heart healthy" meals - the tilapia and wheat pasta. They were both delicious and I highly recommend them!

Saturday was a day reserved just for me and the hubby, well almost. We haven't spent much one on one time lately other than weeknights, so we wanted to do something fun alone. Mid morning we headed back up to the Hollywood sign for some more hiking action. It was much warmer than when we went last month so we explored some additional trails and got in a great workout!



After the hike we went to church with our cousin Jenn and her daughter Ashley. This church outing wasn't planned but it was most enjoyable. After church we grabbed some Yoshinoya before heading to Disneyland. We've never eaten there before and I don't think we'll be back. It wasn't horrible or anything, just not quite my cup of tea.

Our main reason for going to Disneyland was to see The World of Color. We've been pass holders for about 6 months but wanted to wait until the crowds subsided before attempting to see the show. We weren't able to get fastpass tickets but a cast member informed us we could seek out standby seating a few minutes before the show started. Awesome. We hit up Soarin' Over California before heading to the show area. As we were hanging out a gentlemen offered us his "dining tickets" because he wasn't going to use them. Apparently these tickets are given out at the nicer restaurants throughout the park for the shows later in the evening. These tickets gave us the best seats ever!! Front and center baby!

Let me tell you, this show did not disappoint. If you've seen the Bellagio fountain show but not this one it can be described as the Bellagio fountains on crack but with fire. Literally. Put daft punk, Disney, pixie dust, Pink Floyd and fire in a martini shaker and this is what you'll get. I wish I would have taken more pics but if you haven't seen this show yet go now!!!

Sunday we went to watch the Superbowl with our hommies. I had this grand plan of going for a bike ride around the back bay before the game so I wouldn't feel bad about pigging out. Too bad my feet were sore from the hike and walking around Disneyland on Saturday. Good times all around though. Thanks to Jbone for hosting once again!

We also watched The Kings Speech this weekend. Great movie...go see it now. You'll thank me later.

Shorty Out.

4 comments:

  1. Luv the black N white photo of you!

    What a fun weekend! I want to go to Dland even more now!!! Sounds like a blast!

    Love the "shorty out" classic
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weekend! Loved King's Speech!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove me some Oggie's.. All my friends are going on hikes lately, and it's making me want to go to :) I've heard great things about world of Color too.. Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that b&w photo of you is really pretty :)

    Yoshinoya? I didnt even know that place is till around??

    I really want to see that World of Color as well, sounds amazing.. hopefully soon I can get a pass again so all of us can go to D-land together.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blog lovin' peeps!