1.25.2011

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup and My Husband the Chef

My husband really spoils me when it comes to all things domestic. Not only does he makes my lunch every morning and also makes dinner 3-4 nights a week. I'm so blessed that my husband is so helpful around the house.
Love you babe!!

Last week we had one of our favorites for dinner - Chicken Tortilla Soup

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
15oz can tomatoes with juice
1 4oz can green chili's (we use jalapeno)
3 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
2 cloves minced garlic
1 chopped onion
1 can black beans
3 chicken breasts
3 chopped carrots
1 can corn
(frozen can be used but add at the end before shredding chicken)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 TB cumin
1 TB chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf

Combine all ingredients
Cook on low 7 hours
When finished shred chicken with two forks and put back in crock pot


Garnish with your choice of limes, cilantro, sour cream, avocado, tortilla chips, green onion

Enjoy!

If you enjoy crockpot cooking you should really give this recipe a try. This recipe is really simple, healthy and delicious!

This was my first attempt photographing food for blogging and I think the pictures are decent considering I used my camera phone. Next time I think I'll use the regular camera though.

:)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you blogged this so when I make it I can just pull this post up...Everytime you say you guys had it I want to make it :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...yum!!!! I am going to send my friend Maryrose right over. She just asked about Tortilla soup!!! Looks delish! You lucky lady, you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome E-dub!!

    Send her on over Kris! I love all of your comments...so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm this looks DELISH!!!! I am going to have to write this down and try it this week... I love crock pot meals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, my mouth is watering.. That looks delish and I WILL be making it :) Thanks Mikey and Laura :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blog lovin' peeps!