1.07.2011

Suite Dreams

Most of my peeps already know this but I am beyond excited about January 14, 2011. Why you ask? I'm going to a Lakers game!! Sure, a Lakers game is pretty exciting, but not really the most earth shattering thing ever. True. However, enjoying the game from my company's luxury suite at Staples center sure is! My colleagues and I are being treated by our office managing partner (aka head honcho) as a thank you for all of our hard work in 2010. I am already extremely pleased with my decision to join this firm and now I'm stoked to be enjoying some of the perks for working for a large company. I pass by the staples center twice a day on the train and my excitement is mounting with each passing day! I'll see you next Friday Kobe, Lamar, and Pao!! Hmm, speaking of Lamar I wonder if any of the Kardashians will be making an appearance? I will definitely be bringing my camera so stay tuned for a recap of the game.


Anything special going on this weekend? This weekend will be pretty low key which is rare for us. The hubs is taking the California real estate exam on Monday so we'll be housebound for most of the weekend as he prepares for the test. More on this later but please keep him in your prayers as he takes his test and launches a new career. We are making a quick trip up to LA on Saturday so he can scout the location of the test. To make it worth the drive I suggested a hike in the area. After some quick research I found an easy hike up to the Hollywood sign from the Griffith Observatory. I admire the sign daily from my desk and I'm really looking forward to checking out the sights from up in the hills and getting my workout on. I'm planning on getting my blog on this weekend as the hubs is studying so be on the lookout for some more funsies.

Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I've been to a Laker's game, we were on the floor, courtside and the energy there is un-real!! I cannot imagine being in a box, that is going to be awesome.

    Good luck to hubbs on the test, Channyn and I took it years ago and wellllll neither of us passed! I missed passing it by 3%, it was SO hard!

    Looking forward to hearing about the hike too, I've always wanted to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did you get a blog??? Thanks for the nice comment on the Bloomie's! Good luck to Mike on his test. Have fun on the hike, and Greg is WAY jealous about the game in a suite!!! Take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about the hike I hope you got photos! Bet it was awesome.

    Good luck Mikey boy go get em! I know he'll do great!

    So jeal of the Lakers suite that is so awesome! That'll be a fun post to read!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog comment! Where in Long Beach do you live now?

    Have fun @ the Laker game!

    Cheers!
    newlywedswedsnextdoor@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I'm anxiously counting down the days until the game!!

    @Tiana - That is so cool you guys had courtside seats. I'm looking forward to swapping stories about our experiences!

    @Kris - I started my blog a few weeks ago and I'm thrilled to finally be part of the online blogging community!

    @Newlyweds - We are now renting a condo near the main post office off of Redondo/PCH - it's called The Palms. The apt downtown is still close to my heart though because it was my first apt on my own. I had a studio for a couple of years and then upgraded to a 1 bedroom right before we got married. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura!
    Look at how cute your blog is! It's adorable.
    Welcome to blogland. :) Isn't it fun?
    The Laker game sounds like a blast. Have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll love the suites there!!!! they are awesome! My company used to have one and I miss going because you really don't have to mix in with the rest of the crowd...you have your own entrance and everything... :) Have a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blog lovin' peeps!